014 / Sparkly Waffles

Feb 2, 2012


pattern: Waffle Hat, by Gail Bable (my Ravelry project page)
yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Glitters in white
needles: size US 9 / 5.5mm 16" circular needle
made for: my sister-in-law

Sunday was family dinner night. Usually it's just my husband's parents, his sister and her family, and our little family. But on the last Sunday of the month it's the entire family - as many relatives as we can pack into one house.

Zach's dad comes from a family of seven children, and his mom from a family of six. That's a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins in one home!

This past Sunday, I was so excited - there were several people there wearing hats I had made them, including the newest addition to the group - my sister-in-law with this hat! She wanted something white, with a bit of sparkle, to match her winter coat. I happened to have this skein of Wool Ease Glitters in my stash, so I whipped up a hat as quick as could be.

She wore it all day and night. The best compliment ever!

Post a Comment

Instagram