hats on people // New Nostalgia!

Apr 27, 2012

A few weeks ago, I shared the turquoise hat I'd made for my friend Amy - what I didn't share was that her three girls had been stealing her hat from the moment she received it! I immediately got busy making a few more hats for Amy's amazing girls. And today over at New Nostalgia, Amy is showing off those finished hats!


green hat
pattern: Pasha, by Jane Richmond
yarn: I Love This Yarn! in limelight
needles: sizes US 8 / 5.0 mm and US 10 / 6.0 mm
I love the Pasha hat, but enjoy using thicker yarn and needles than the pattern calls for. So like with Amy's hat, I knit this one in worsted weight yarn. I made it a bit less slouchy, and it turns out it isn't slouchy at all ... I may have to send a second one to remedy that!

pink hat
pattern: Jane Hat, by Jane Richmond
yarn: stash vintage yarn in pink, with some sparkle!
needles: sizes US 8 / 5.0 mm and US 10 / 6.0 mm
I love to use the Jane Hat, and knit this one just how I've always knit every other one, minus the doubled-over brim.


orange hat (not pictured on a Bowman girl)
pattern: Boardwalk, by Elizabeth Pedersen
yarn: I Love This Yarn! in what I lovingly call traffic cone orange
needles: sizes US 7 / 4.5 mm and US 9 / 5.5 mm
I ended up making this hat with two extra pattern repeats before decreasing so it would be slouchy.

Post a Comment

Instagram