Chunky Organic Cotton Baby Beanie

Jun 3, 2013


pattern: Chunky (Organic Cotton) Baby Beanie by Kelly Meneely
yarn: leftover bits of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn! in cranberry and light grey (35 yards total)  
needles: size US 9 / 5.5 mm dpns

I've found a new favorite baby hat pattern for using up little bits of yarn, and perfect for when I don't want a hat with a turned-up brim. The Chunky (Organic Cotton) Baby Beanie is a free Ravelry download that gives the best instructions for using up your worsted weight acrylic scraps of yarn making baby hats to give by the bag-ful!

I whipped up the hat pictured above in just two hours (which included the time it took to rip out the hat I had started before finding this pattern), and I'm sure as I use the pattern a few more times I'll get that time knocked almost in half. Kelly Meneely gives great instructions for making a baby hat that will fit most newborns perfectly during those crucial first few weeks and months.

In the next few months, as I turn my attention to all baby hats, all the time (thanks to a fun project I'll be sharing more about in the next few weeks) I know I'll be turning to this pattern as often as I turn to my Sandoval Hat pattern. I'm excited to share more hats made using Kelly's pattern in the coming months!

Post a Comment

Instagram